…as NDIA takes away contractsTrench cleaners in Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) complained bitterly to the Regional Democratic Council (RDC) at the monthly statutory meeting held on Tuesday after losing their contracts with the Region.The RDC facilitated a meeting with the affected trench cleaners to hear their plightSome of the contractors meeting with the RDC on Tuesdayafter their contracts were not renewed. According to some of the cleaners, they had been maintaining the trenches in the Region for as long as 10 years without many problems and suddenly they got instructions from the Drainage and Irrigation Department of the Region to ceased work.Some of the trench cleaners complained that when they first received the contract some of the trenches were in very bad condition and they worked for as low as $6, $7, and $8 dollars per rod. However, one cleaner has told the RDC that now the hard work has been done, the contract has been taken away from them and given to close friends of high officials within the Drainage and Irrigation Department for a lucrative amount of $200 per rod. Regional Chairman Devanand Ramdatt immediately called on Councillors to vote for an immediate investigation and to put a hold on all new trench cleaning contracts within the Region. As such, with the support of both sides of the RDC, a vote was moved for the investigation to be launched.
The chanting reportedly came from all three levels of the ‘Curva Verde’ occupied by Inter Milan fans and took place 55 minutes into the game, which Juventus won 3-2 with two goals in the final three minutes.But before any ruling can be made officials, in accordance with rules governing discrimination in the Italian game, have to gather data to ascertain how many fans were involved.“We must acquire the data, even an approximate estimate, on the occupancy of the sectors involved, as well as receive confirmation that the chants heard came from all three sectors of the Curva Verde, as indicated in the report,” Serie A said in a statement.The punishment will depend on how many fans took part and how loud the chanting was, it added.Midfielder Matuidi has been the victim of similar abuse twice this season, by fans in Verona and Cagliari.Verona were handed a 20,000 euro ($24,000) fine and a suspended partial stadium ban, but Cagliari were not punished although the club issued an apology to the 31-year-old French player.Matuidi, who has 64 caps for France, joined Juventus before the start of the current season from Paris Saint-Germain and has scored three times for the Italian champions.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000France midfielder Blaise Matuidi (C) celebrates with Juventus teammate Gonzalo Higuain © AFP/File / MARCO BERTORELLOMILAN, Italy, Apr 30 – The Italian league are investigating reports that Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi was the victim of racist abuse during Saturday’s Serie A game against Inter Milan at the San Siro.Serie A disciplinary officials said Monday all three of their observers present in the San Siro heard “chants expressing racial discrimination… which lasted for a few seconds” aimed at the French international.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe top 10 theme park moments of 2019 McDonnell declined to comment. KSPN program director Ray Kalusa did not return a phone call. No announcement has been made on a temporary or permanent replacement. — Bob Keisser KSPN management said when Krikorian was fired that they would aggressively seek a new partner for McDonnell, and several sportscasters co-hosted the show the last few months, including Jason Smith, Dave Denholm and Gary Miller. But industry sources say the option of not renewing McDonnell was also on the table. McDonnell has been a fixture in L.A. sports radio for three decades and was a host on the first all-sports talk station in the market, at KMPC. His stay at the ESPN affiliate lasted five years. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! In a predictable move, KSPN (710 AM) on Friday informed veteran afternoon drive-time sports talk host Joe McDonnell that his contract would not be renewed and he was off the air immediately. McDonnell’s contract expires next month. The move comes almost four months after McDonnell’s former partner, Doug Krikorian, was fired.