Hometown: Glasgow, Scotland “I learned to play the accordion for this role. Once I started on the wrong finger, and had an onstage existential crisis: ‘Why am I blonde? Why am I speaking with a German accent?’ I recovered, but I was seriously seeing dark spots.” “I was a really girly girl when I was younger. I only wore pink until I was at least 12. Think of me in culottes with a Bagpuss T-shirt and frizzy hair. Oh, and I was a fat child. It was bad news.” Current Role: A stunning Broadway debut as the Nazi-sympathizing, accordian-playing prostitute Fraulein Kost, who rents a room in the same boarding house as central characters Cliff Bradshaw and Sally Bowles in Cabaret. “My boyfriend lives next door to Scores. I watched the girls going in and out of the club as research [for Kost]. You know what’s f*cked up? They’re like actors. They carry so much crap and pound the pavement. There’s nothing sexy about it.“ “I’m a terrible driver. I learned last year when I did Tribes in L.A., and I crashed on Sunset Blvd. There I was in blue Lululemon sweatpants, crying, not knowing what to do. So maybe I’ll stay in New York.” “Naiveté is the real reason I applied to Juilliard. I wanted to study drama and not musical theater because I have a hard time dancing. I only applied there. I’m the only Scottish person to ever get in.” Age: 24 Related Shows Stage Cred: After graduating from Juilliard, Rankin quickly nabbed roles off-Broadway in The Illusion and Tribes. Her credits also include the Williamstown Theatre Festival, The Seagull at Lake Lucille and Law & Order: SVU. “I didn’t think I was right for Cabaret. The breakdown said, ‘Mid-30s, blowsy German prostitute.’ I was like, ‘I don’t think so.’ Then I watched the movie. After 10 minutes, I realized I had to do this.“ “Calamity Jane inspired me to be a performer. I still want to be her. I mean who doesn’t want to be Calamity Jane? She’s such a badass.” Show Closed This production ended its run on March 29, 2015 Cabaret View Comments
Instead, the Dodgers told Puig’s camp that they would likely send him to the minors rather than keep him on their active roster. Because the Dodgers are off today, that decision can wait. While a team’s 40-man roster must be approved by Major League Baseball at the time of a trade, its 25-man roster doesn’t need to be finalized until its next game.The Dodgers play the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday night. In a conference call with reporters Monday afternoon, general manager Farhan Zaidi said the front office was “still sorting out the 25-man roster.”Another possibility holds that the Dodgers can place Puig on waivers and trade him to a claiming team, or to any team if he goes unclaimed. Trades like these are rare, but the Dodgers were able to make one last year when they acquired Chase Utley from the Philadelphia Phillies. The Dodgers also acquired Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto from the Boston Red Sox in August 2012 after each was placed on waivers.Players who are in the minor leagues can still be traded via the waiver process. Players who are on the disabled list cannot, which might explain why the Dodgers resisted placing Puig on the 15-day disabled list last week, when he was struggling with a right hamstring injury.Puig started his first game in 11 days on Sunday and went 3 for 5 against the Arizona Diamondbacks. After the game, he said he hadn’t been told of any possible trade in the works. Though Puig said his preference at the time was to remain a Dodger, he added “I understand this is a business.”“If I’m not here, then I’ll have to go to another team,” Puig said. “I came to this country to play baseball.” After failing to trade him in advance of Monday’s non-waiver deadline, the Dodgers are now expected to option right fielder Yasiel Puig to Triple-A Oklahoma City on Tuesday.The unexpected turn of events comes on a day when the Dodgers made a flurry of last-minute moves, acquiring Josh Reddick, Rich Hill, Jesse Chavez and Josh Fields in three separate trades. The biggest news was a trade they did not make.The Dodgers told Puig’s representatives prior to the deadline that they intended to trade him. When they did not, he was effectively out of a job, since he and Reddick both play the same position. Neither Puig nor Reddick has split time in a platoon in recent years.Puig did not board the team flight to Denver on Monday. One early report, since corrected, said that Puig initially reported to Dodger Stadium then “stormed off.” But Puig was never at the ballpark with his teammates. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
(Source:klix.ba) Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team won against Andorra last night, with a score 3: 0.Edin Džeko scored all three goals, and Senad Lulić provided all three assists. Dragons finally got their UEFA EURO 2016 target completed after the fifth attempt.It will stay registered that the new coach, Mehmed Baždarević, debut victory on the bench of national team.Otherwise, the hosts started the game cautiously, but extremely aggressive. Dragons have been imposed, tended to score at an early stage of the match.The initiative paid off in the 13th minute when Dragons break through host’s defense. Lulić perfectly laid off a lofted ball to the captain, and Džeko crashed in a powerful low shot for the lead of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Hosts goalkeeper Ferran Pol was powerless.There were no good opportunities in the next 10 minutes. After 24 minutes, Edin Višća has tried his own shot, but it was off the target. The hosts spent a game in a difficult defense.Dragons performed another action after 32 minutes. Višća and Mujdža combined, and Mujdža assisted for Ibišević who missed the goal. Score remained the same.In 61 minute, the match clock showed 0: 3. Again the main roles were played by Senad Lulić as an assistant and Edin Džeko as implementer. It should be noted that the defense of Andorra seemed insecure, and BH duo used it well.
England regional squad players Charlie Hilton and Jess Baker came through nerve-tingling finishes to scoop the honours in the Midland U16 boys’ and girls’ championships at Hawkstone Park, Shropshire. For both players (pictured) it was their first big win – and both demonstrated how well they can cope with pressure. Hilton, from Ifield, Sussex, played the final three holes in one-under to force a play-off against Yorkshire’s Tom Osborne (Lindrick). He won the boys’ title on the first extra hole. Baker, from Gosforth Park Ladies, Northumberland, was one-under for the last nine holes, overtaking the long-time girls’ leader, Mia Eales-Smith (Lindrick), and winning by a single stroke. Hilton, an England U16 international, was leading by two shots after 36 holes but after three holes of the final round he was three over and he dropped another shot on the seventh. “I just told myself to stay positive and keep going and I held it together well,” said the 16-year-old. He kick-started his round when he holed a confidence-boosting 9ft putt for birdie four on the 8th but, with three holes left, he knew he trailed Osborne by one. The 16th, a short par four, offered Hilton a chance to catch up – and he took it, playing his pitch to about 3ft and holing the birdie putt to draw level. Two pars at 17 and 18 gave him a 54-hole total of level par and took him into the play-off which he won with a par on the first hole. “It was good, I was really happy,” said Hilton, who now faces “revision, revision, revision” before taking his GCSE exams. Baker, meanwhile, trailed the girls’ leader by three with nine holes left to play. But the 14-year-old began her charge with birdies on 10 and 11, followed by a string of pars which took her into the lead and even allowed her the luxury of a last-hole bogey. Baker drew on the experience of last year’s English U14 girls’ championship when she was in contention, only to fall away and finish in a tie for seventh place. “I crumbled a bit under the pressure, but I’ve learned from that and I just went for pars. I didn’t try to do anything extraordinary, I just ground out a round,” she said. Both players have also been helped by their England Golf regional U16 squad training which helps the players deal with pressure situations. Hilton trains with the South East squad while Baker is in the North squad. Third place in the boys’ championship went to Dominic Clemons (Gog Magog, Cambridgeshire). Four players tied fourth: Ben Schmidt (Rotherham, Yorkshire), Remy Miller (Prestbury, Cheshire), Charlie Daughtrey (Rotherham, Yorkshire) and Tom Gregory (Stoke Park, BB&O). In the girls’ championship Mia Eales-Smith (Lindrick, Yorkshire) was runner-up; Harriet Barker (Carus Green, Cumbria) was third and Katie Sibley (Carlisle, Cumbria) was fourth. The team prize was won by Thames Valley regional squad represented by: Dominic Clemons, Conor Gough (Stoke Park, BB&O) Tom Gregory and Ben Pierleoni (Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire). The runners-up were Yorkshire, followed by the South East. Click here for the full results 21 Apr 2017 Hilton and Baker hold their nerve to win U16 titles
Advertisement cn5NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsb7ntWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E5isd8( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) guWould you ever consider trying this?😱awCan your students do this? 🌚txxtRoller skating! Powered by Firework No one handles immense pressure better than MS Dhoni. And on Friday, it appeared that the veteran Indian keeper gave his alleged ‘successor’ Rishabh Pant a few tips on that matter. The Indian youngster shared a couple of pictures with Dhoni on his social media accounts, captioning “Good Vibes Only @msdhoni”. The picture shows Pant, sitting beside the former India skipper along with his pet dogs having a good time. Pant who is being constantly labelled as MS Dhoni’s successor, since his international debut, has been selected in the T20Is and Test squads for the upcoming series against Bangladesh.Advertisement Advertisement The MSK Prasad led selection committee has preferred Rishabh Pant as India’s primary wicketkeeper since MS Dhoni’s absence. He even claimed on Thursday that they are “moving on” and are looking at “younger options after the World Cup”.“We are moving on, we are very clear. Post World Cup we have been clear. We started backing (Rishabh) Pant and wanted to see him do well. He may not have had the best of matches but we are clear, we are focusing on him only,” said MSK Prasad following the squad announcement for the Bangladesh series.“We’re looking at younger options after the World Cup, so you can understand our thought process. We definitely had a chat with Dhoni and he also endorses our view of backing youngsters,” he added.Earlier, the newly appointed BCCI president Sourav Ganguly stated that Dhoni’s future isn’t finished citing, “champions don’t finish very quickly.”India is scheduled to play three T20Is and two Tests against Bangladesh, starting November 3. Advertisement