CGG and TGS will conduct the Greater Castberg TopSeis survey in the Barents Sea during Q2 2019. The survey is 5,000 sq km, and will be acquired and processed with the latest developments of CGG’s TopSeis acquisition and imaging technology.The survey will include the highly prospective Castberg area, and cover existing and newly awarded licenses in addition to open acreage with several play models in multiple geological layers. The acquisition is expected to start late Q2 2019 with final delivery to clients in Q4 2020.Kristian Johansen, CEO, TGS, said: “Greater Castberg will expand the great TGS data coverage in the Barents Sea. The survey sits in the right place of the Barents Sea, and production licenses will start producing from this area in 2022. The area calls for high-technology solutions, and a tailor-made solution for this area is created in close collaboration with the clients and within the JV.”Sophie Zurquiyah, CEO, CGG, said: “Our unique TopSeis solution combines an innovative source-over-spread acquisition geometry with CGG’s advanced imaging technology. This unique solution enables our clients to delineate shallow-to-intermediate depth targets in the Barents Sea, which are not resolved by conventional methods. The new survey will add to CGG’s library of modern broadband multi-client data in the Barents Sea, an excellent resource for optimizing the discovery and development of hydrocarbons.”The project is supported by industry funding.
FlexFueler001; Image courtesy of Titan LNGTitan LNG’s bunkering pontoon FlexFueler001 has performed the first bunkering operation on June 14, 2019.Titan LNG said on Monday that the LNG was supplied to the company’s long-term customer Norlines in the Port of Rotterdam.This makes Titan LNG the first accredited LNG bunker supplier able to deliver by inland water barge.The FlexFueler001 is part of a series of vessels. Titan LNG will deploy the FlexFueler002, currently under construction and scheduled to be ready by mid-2020, in the Port of Antwerp. The third barge will be announced in the coming months.Samskip, operator of the LNG-powered Norlines vessels Kvitnos and Kvitbjørn, has a weekly service into Rotterdam and requires reliable LNG supply.Ronald van Selm, COO of Titan LNG, said: “We are proud the FlexFueler001 is up and running after she successfully completed her trials.”Earlier this month, Titan LNG received class approval from Bureau Veritas for the FlexFueler001.FlexFueler001 is designed to have a fixed location to supply inland waterway vessels, but can also be navigated to larger sea-going vessels and safely supply LNG while they load or unload their cargo.A long-term contract for the home location of the FlexFueler001 was signed between Port of Amsterdam and Titan LNG in January 2018.
BATESVILLE, Ind. — Phase I of renovations at The Sherman (formerly the Sherman House Restaurant and Inn) are now complete.The Circa 1852 Restaurant and Black Forest Bar are now open and taking reservations.Hotel rooms are still being renovated, but officials say they are hoping to open the hotel portion soon.“After almost a year of hard work, months of renovation, weeks of unexpected occurrences, hiring, training and practicing and days of cleaning, polishing and organizing, we are pleased to announce that The Sherman is opening its doors again for another century of delicious cuisine and outstanding service,” announced Georg Heringer of HPH Hospitality. “Furthermore, we are pleased to introduce Peter VanWagner as the Executive Chef of The Sherman,” Heringer added.“We are particularly excited about the opening of the new Black Forest Bar,” added Pratt. “The decoration and atmosphere focus on the real and mysterious Black Forest region of Germany. Guests are invited to enjoy a cocktail or two in the bar featuring a nineteenth century reconditioned bar, ancient woodwork, comfortable chairs and inspiring artwork.”Reservations can be made at the website, www.The-Sherman.com or call 1-812-934-1000.
Jason Wolla put on a show by winning the first-night IMCA Modified feature, and $1,000, at Canyon Speedway Park’s Winter Challenge. (Photo by Taylor Brook Photography)By Tony SteelePEORIA, Ariz. (Jan 28) – Round One of the 2017 edition of the Winter Challenge at Canyon Speedway Park is now in the books. North Dakota’s Jason Wolla put in a dominating effort as he took home the checkered flag in the IMCA Modified portion of the event.“The Big Show” Wolla was quick to take the lead from his sixth starting position, but staying there proved to be no easy task. Constant challenges from John Parmeley made Wolla earn every penny of his $1,000 payday, including a crossover move to re-take the lead after Parmeley briefly got by him.Already a Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot candidate, Wolla bested the 35 IMCA Modifieds checked in for the 25-lap afternoon show while Cody Laney brought his car home in second. Tim Ward, Parmeley and Brian Schultz rounded out the top five. Schultz had the most impressive run of the evening as he started 23rd in the field.Jason George held off numerous challengers to keep his Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod winning ways going while Aaron Spangler re-visited Canyon’s victory lane in the IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars. Steve Soboski rolled to the lead early and never looked back in IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock competition.In all, 88 cars saw action Saturday at Peoria.Spangler found himself back in victory lane, just months after the Colorado driver took home the biggest stock car race in the state of Arizona at the Stock Car Shootout back in September. Jason Jensen from Wisconsin led most of the early portions of the race until Spangler took advantage of a slip-up by Jensen. Once Spangler had the lead he held off hard-charging Cody Center and Bo Partain to remain up front to take home his $500 check.The Northern SportMods put on a display of hard racing as the leaders found themselves side-by-side throughout a majority of the race. Austin Kiefer tried working the inside on George for the majority of the race. The show was an exciting preview of what is to come in the 2017 season as SportMods have been added to the schedule for 10 points races this season.Soboski cruised to victory in the Hobby Stock division. Challengers were hard to find for Soboski until near the end of the race as he bested a hard charging Joe Vlasity who started dead last after a disqualification in his heat race for failing to report to the tech area. Vlasity picked his way through the pack but could not make the outside groove work enough to get around Soboski.Feature ResultsModifieds – 1. Jason Wolla; 2. Cody Laney; 3. Tim Ward; 4. John Parmeley; 5. Brian Schultz; 6. Spencer Wilson; 7. Mike Strobl; 8. Scott Sluka; 9. Jason Noll; 10. Guy Norton; 11. Garrett Funk; 12. Kenny Gill; 13. Bubba Stafford; 14. Cole Peterson; 15. Austin Blume; 16. Nate Warren; 17. Bryson Curry; 18. Lance Mari; 19. Ronnie Wallace; 20. Grey Ferrando; 21. Collin Winebarger; 22. Trevor Miller; 23. Mark Stewart; 24. Ethan Dotson; 25. Troy Gemmill.Heat winners were Wilson, Laney, Ferrando, Parmeley and Gemmill. “B” feature winners were Miller and Sluka.Stock Cars – 1. Aaron Spangler, 2. Jason Jensen; 3. Cody Center; 4. Bo Partain; 5. Lonnie Foss; 6. Race Fisher; 7. Brian Hatlestad; 8. Justin Thornton; 9. Joey McCullough; 10. Nate Warren; 11. Larry Brigner; 12. Tony Hill; 13. Troy Jerovetz; 14. George Fronsman; 15. Glen Hatlestad; 16. Matt Short; 17. Vance Honea.Heat winners were Spangler, Fronsman and Jerovetz.Hobby Stocks – 1. Steve Soboski; 2. Joe Vlasity; 3. Merle Zachrison; 4. Steve Bitting; 5. Dean Zachrison; 6. Kurt Kesselring; 7. Paul O’Connor; 8. Mark Kilian; 9. Susie Mikkelson; 10. Aaron Collier; 11. Brad Larned; 12. Shea Kendig; 13. Jason Crowe; 14. Bradley Stafford; 15. Shane Raines.Heat winners were Soboski and Bitting.Northern SportMods – 1. Jason George; 2. Austin Kiefer; 3. J.C. Parmeley, 4. Chris Toth; 5. Chris Caldwell; 6. Lupe Gomez; 7. Kenny Wyman; 8. David Jones; 9. Bill Miller; 10. Dylan Ickes; 11. Bill Ferguson; 12. Chuck Black; 13. David Ruth; 14. Dale Irby; 15. Nick Langer; 16. Steven Duffy; 17. Dale Kunz; 18. Dennis Gates; 19. Jim Macneil; 20. Jimmy Terstrip.Heat winners were Gomez, Toth and Kiefer.
Liverpool Football Club of England’s fans in Ebonyi State are anticipating increased fan base following the club’s clinching of the English Premier League on Thursday night.The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Merseyside based club thus ended a 30-year jinx with 86 points with seven games to spare after Chelsea FC beat their (Liverpool) closest rival Manchester City 2-1. The club, which last won the title in the 1989/1990 season and are the European Champions League defending champions, nearly lost the title following calls for the EPL cancellation as was applied in other leagues due to the COVID-19 pandemic.A cross section of Liverpool fans interviewed by a NAN correspondent in Abakaliki on Friday congratulated the team for the victory notwithstanding fans being forced to celebrate it at home and on the social media.Amos Ogbuehi, a businessman, said more soccer followers were expected to join the club’s fan base in Ebonyi State due to the EPL triumph and the awesome soccer artistry displayed by the team this season.Ogbuehi said: “We are ‘small in number’ when compared to fans of other established clubs such as Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United.“This triumph will enhance Liverpool’s popularity in the state and across the globe after the club recorded ‘near-misses’ in preceding seasons in the quest to break the 30 years jinx.” Chukwuma Ogwa, a civil servant, said he had yet to recover from the ‘hangover’ of celebrations from the triumph, which had ended years of painful wait by the club’s supporters.Ogwa said: “I give much of the credit to German Coach Jurgen Klopp who arrived Liverpool in October 2015 with a record of two German league (Bundesliga) titles with Borussia Dortmund and champions league silver medal with the same club.“He introduced the fast-paced, high-pressing, attacking football pattern, which he describes as heavy metal football, and this has already gotten the Champions League title for us.”Adamma Obah, a youth activist, hailed the impact of two African superstars in the triumph, Mohammed Salah of Egypt and Sadio Mane of Senegal.Obah said: “These players have been outstanding in Liverpool and their contributions are made more ‘soothing’ with the current ‘Black lives matter’ syndrome across the world. “Both players are currently Africa’s topmost performers and this shows that the continent is capable of producing ‘world-beaters’ in sports and other spheres of human endeavour.”Emmanuel Uzor, a Chelsea FC fan and aide to Governor David Umahi, urged Liverpool fans to specially thank Chelsea for easing the path of victory for them by beating mighty Manchester City.Uzor said: “Chelsea are known to assist clubs on the verge of clinching the title to clinch it as we helped Leicester City FC to win the 2015/2016 EPL title with some games to spare by drawing 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur.“I pray that another team will reciprocate Chelsea’s gesture next season as we are poised to dethrone Liverpool as league champions.”RelatedPosts Nigeria dying under Buhari’s jackboot, by Tunde Odesola Umahi congratulates Obaseki, expresses hope in democracy, electoral process Ebonyi accident: Police Officer among dead, three more bodies retrieved from river NAN.Tags: Ebonyi StateJurgen Kloppliverpool fcNigeriaPremier League
By Ian RansomMELBOURNE, Australia (Reuters) – England’s hopes of clawing their way back into an Ashes series fast slipping from their grip will be put to the ultimate test at the WACA where the tourists have won only once in nearly 50 years.The WACA bore witness to the meek surrender of the 2013/14 series by Alastair Cook’s England, and at 2-0 down after Brisbane and Adelaide, Joe Root’s men face a similar predicament when the third Test starts tomorrow.With its traditionally quick and bouncy wicket playing to the strengths of home pacemen, the WACA has been a house of pain for English cricket and Australians will be hoping for more of the same when the ground hosts its final Test.One has to delve deep in the records to even find the last time England drew a match.That was in 1986, when Mike Gatting’s unlikely band of hard-partying tourists put on 592 in the first innings to frustrate Allan Border’s team.The maiden win was in 1978 when Mike Brearley’s side thrashed Graham Yallop-captained Australia by 166 runs, a victory that might otherwise have been remembered as a triumph of English cricket, but for the fact that the hosts had been gutted by the World Series Cricket rebellion.Australia have beaten England in their last seven matches at the WACA and with the hosts’ pacemen licking their lips, it may take something truly special from Joe Root’s men just to keep the series alive to the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne.Managing that would be a victory of sorts, given England need only to square the five-Test series at 2-2 to keep the coveted urn.Having fought hard but ultimately crumbled at both the Gabba and the Adelaide Oval, England’s chances of rallying at the WACA have been given short shrift by bookmakers.Their week has also included further off-field problems with coach Trevor Bayliss left fuming after English Lions batsman Ben Duckett poured a drink over the head of James Anderson in a Perth bar.And yet, a small increase in application by the tourists could ensure a contest at the WACA.England have paid dearly for a few dreadful sessions and the scoreline has, to an extent, flattered Steve Smith’s Australia.The vulnerability of the home side’s batting was on full display in the second innings at Adelaide Oval as they crashed out for 133 to raise England’s hopes of an unlikely victory.Several of Australia’s batsmen are under pressure, most notably number five Peter Handscomb, whose place could be taken by Mitchell Marsh, an all-rounder with a poor batting record at Test level.Anderson and the England seamers, meanwhile, will have enjoyed a boost of confidence from Adelaide, where Craig Overton provided much better support than Jake Ball at the Gabba.More will be needed from the English batsmen, though, given none has managed a century this series.Root and his most senior batsman Alastair Cook have been particularly culpable for failing to set the benchmark by converting promising starts into big scores.Both were present for England’s last capitulation at the WACA and will be desperate to make a contribution to avoiding another.
Published on February 22, 2020 at 8:25 pm Comments AdvertisementThis is placeholder text When Syracuse erased an 11-point halftime deficit against Georgia Tech, it ended a three-game losing streak with a 79-72 win. The Orange were led by Elijah Hughes and Marek Dolezaj (20 points apiece), and multiple jump shots from Buddy Boeheim kickstarted the second-half run.Early first-half foul trouble to Dolezaj and Quincy Guerrier threatened to limit the Orange’s (15-12, 8-8 Atlantic Coast) depth in the frontcourt, but neither ended up fouling out to limit the Yellow Jackets’ (13-14, 7-9) advantage.Here’s what our beat writers had to say after the Syracuse win. Facebook Twitter Google+
The Ghana Football Association has disclosed that it is firming up necessary documents as it ramps up its bid to secure a slice of government’s Covid – 19 stimulus fund.The Ghana Premier League was suspended on the 15th March based on instructions by the President prohibiting public gatherings.Banning football however,has had a major impact on the leagues cash flow and as a result the FA has joined other industries and franchises seeking financial aid to keep things afloat.“There will be continuous dialogue then we will be making special proposals.“This entails putting figures on paper and those are the figures that will be considered.“At the right time these figures will be made available,” GFA Communications director Henry Asante Twum told Citi Sports in an interview.As thing stand,certain clubs have discussed the possibility of slashing player wages to help teams cope with the downturn in finances.
The NBA, in collaboration with the Knicks, the Nets and China’s consul general, Huang Ping, is contributing 1 million surgical masks to help New York workers fight the coronavirus.New York has been hit hard by the coronavirus (COVID-19), with more than 3,500 deaths and the number of recorded cases exceeding 113,000. NEW: The @NBA is contributing 1 million desperately needed surgical masks for New York’s essential workers in collaboration with @nyknicks, @BrooklynNets and China’s Consul General Huang Ping.New York thanks you.We are beyond grateful for this gift of critically needed PPE.— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) April 4, 2020The NBA suspended its season on March 11 because of the pandemic.GREER: Trump’s optimism on NFL start doesn’t mean anythingPresident Donald Trump said Saturday he was unsure when sports would resume in the U.S., but he said he thinks it will be “sooner rather than later.” Trump conducted a conference call earlier in the day with the commissioners of the major U.S. pro sports leagues and other sports executives. “New York thanks you. We are beyond grateful for this gift of critically needed PPE (personal protective equipment),” New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo wrote Saturday on Twitter.
The goal was to be for the first leg against Liverpool and this morning Diego Costa is the great novelty of Atlético’s training. The Spanish-Brazilian has returned to training with the group, three months after going through the operating room to have a cervical disc herniation. Costa did the workouts as one more. At the same rhythm. There are 13 days left before Liverpool against the Wanda Metropolitano.Costa’s return to the group today is within the planned deadlines, although in principle he will not have minutes against Granada. Koke also worked with the rest of his teammates. Not so Herrera, who follows a special plan this week in which he will be apart, in the gym, although his presence against Granada is not ruled out. Neither does Arias. Not any of the others injured. Costa continued to perform at normal pace the rest of the exercises arranged by Cholo. Shooting on goal, midfield match in groups … But when Simeone distributed the bibs to try eleven he left the group. He tried the previous day, with Saponjic holder, but also a variant.Because in one of the Cholo events, Koke was still the starter for the game against Granada but on the right wing while Llorente took his place in the center and Saponjic left eleven. The front was formed by Vitolo and Correa. Oblak; Vrsaljko, Savic, Beautiful, Lodi; Koke, Llorente, Thomas, Saul; Correa and Vitolo. Then he returned to work yesterday with Oblak; Vrsaljko, Savic, Beautiful, Lodi; Correa, Koke, Thomas, Saul; Vitolo and Saponjic.Giménez has two days with pharyngotonsillitis. That is the reason why, neither today nor yesterday, could he train. From the club, however, they hope that does not affect the objective set: the Uruguayan can rejoin the group next week.