1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Millennials are driving innovation in the fintech space and many traditional financial institution applications miss the mark with younger generations, leaving them to consider financial products and services from nontraditional sources.“There are plenty of offerings from financial institutions, but those offerings don’t necessarily resonate very well with a growing percentage of users,” Jason O’Brien, senior vice president of payments for the San Antonio, Texas-based financial services firm SWBC, said. Millennials have higher expectations when it comes to app functionality and features, he added. continue reading »
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Noting security concerns posed by Facebook’s digital currency Libra, the Federal Reserve on Thursday revealed details of its own instant payments system.FedNow will provide households and businesses with instant access to payments, for wages, government benefits or sales, without waiting days for checks to clear, the Fed said.The system, which is not due to launch for two to three years, “will be designed to maintain uninterrupted 24x7x365 processing with security features to support payment integrity and data security,” the central bank said. Facebook’s announcement last year of plans to design the Libra cryptocurrency and payments system raised immediate red flags for global finance officials who expressed a barrage of withering criticism about the security and reliability of a private network.Facebook’s Libra project has “raised other fundamental questions about legal and regulatory safeguards, financial stability, and the appropriate role of private money,” Fed Governor Lael Brainard said in a speech Thursday.But the United States central bank already has experience providing reliable clearing of private payments. “We are committed to building an instant payment system that delivers the payment speed that users want without bypassing the legal and regulatory protections they have come to expect from banking relationships,” Brainard said. She noted that the government’s emergency aid programs during the COVID-19 pandemic “underscores the importance of rapid access to funds for many households and businesses that face cash flow constraints.”The initial design of FedNow came following thousands of comments from interested parties, some of whom also raise concerns about Libra, and additional features will be announced as it gets closer to roll out.Brainard said key features include fraud protection tools, ability for banks to ensure funds are available after hours and on weekends, ability to work with private payment systems, and those systems where users are identified with aliases, like email addresses, rather than account numbers.”Ultimately, the FedNow Service can be a catalyst for innovation in the market by providing a neutral platform on which the private sector can build to offer safe, efficient instant payment services to users across the country,” she said.Topics :
The Jefferson – the new Palm Beach project by Lacey Group – that has chalked up more than $10 million in sales since it was launched last month.GOLD Coast residents are leading the charge of buyers securing a boutique apartment in The Jefferson – the new Palm Beach project by Lacey Group that has chalked up more than $10 million in sales since it was launched in May.Located on Jefferson Lane, between Fourth Ave and Palm Beach Ave, the project features 46 apartments, many with ocean views.McGrath Estate Agent Tony Holland – who is marketing The Jefferson alongside Brendan Andrews – said while there had been strong interest in the project from interstate buyers, 80 per cent of purchasers lived within 10km of the suburb.The Jefferson – the new Palm Beach project by Lacey Group – that has chalked up more than $10 million in sales since it was launched last month.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North6 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“The majority of buyers are locals, many of whom are planning to downsize from an older home and upgrade to a new, low-maintenance beachside lifestyle, so the spacious apartments in The Jefferson have really appealed to them,” Mr Holland said.“Many of these people have lived in the area for some time and understand the value of owning property in Palm Beach.“The suburb has undergone a huge transformation in recent years and people are keen to secure a home so they can enjoy all that Palmy has to offer for generations to come.”Mr Holland said 14 apartments had sold in The Jefferson totalling more than $10 million, however, there was still a good selection of one, two and three-bedroom apartments available.“The Jefferson has been designed to suit a range of needs and budgets so there is something for everyone, whether you are looking to invest in beachfront property, or move in and take advantage of the lifestyle it provides,” he said.Lacey Group director Adam Lacey said he had anticipated strong interest from established local residents prior to launch.“There has been increasing demand for boutique, contemporary apartments in the region for some time, but it has been answered with limited supply,” he said. “Many of our buyers have been holding out for something like The Jefferson to launch.”Construction of The Jefferson is expected to start in late 2017. One-bedroom apartments start from $390,000; two-bedroom apartments start from $535,000; and three-bedroom apartments are available from $865,000.
The €189bn asset manager PGGM talking to the Dutch justice ministry about the introduction of a class action system in the Netherlands that would allow duped investors to jointly claim damages. In its annual report about responsible investment, PGGM – the provider for the €178bn healthcare scheme PFZW – said the initiative was part of its new engagement policy focusing on legislators and important companies.The adjustment followed a new phase of ESG investing, with an emphasis on societal impact and the financial sector, it explained. PGGM has previously focused on voting and dialogue, as well as integrating ESG factors into the investment process.Eloy Lindijer, PGGM’s chief investment manager, stressed that measuring the impact of investment on social issues was becoming increasingly important. Last year, the asset manager replaced British firm F&C as engagement advisor with Sweden’s GES, which specialises on human rights, environmental matters and corruption.“The services of GES are complementary to PGGM’s, which focuses on strategic subjects within selected themes and countries,” explained a spokesman for PGGM. “Moreover, GES could also work more cost efficient.”At year-end, PGGM had invested €4.7bn in targets such as sustainable energy against climate change, and water purification in China to combat water shortages.Its largest client PFZW previously said it wanted to quadruple its investments in key areas, including food security and healthcare, over the next five years.In 2014, the asset manager excluded two firms from its investment universe because of the manufacturing of “controversial weapons”.Since then, it also excluded investment in government bonds of the Central African Republic because of violation of human rights. Currently, it has blacklisted 124 companies and 13 countries.PGGM further said that engagement with 510 companies had resulted in improved governance in 80 cases, and that it had achieved positive results on 21 environmental and 32 social issues.In order to improve the market standards for financial reporting, the asset manager had linked up with the Investors Financial Reporting Programme of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
Innogy has filed an application for further seabed surveys and the installation of buoy mounted equipment at the Dublin Array offshore wind project in Ireland.Innogy applied to the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government in September for a license under the Foreshore Act to enable the project to undertake further surveys and to install equipment to provide data on weather and sea conditions.The collected information will be used to progress the engineering design and to inform the ongoing environmental assessments required as part of the consent process.Consent of this Foreshore license will enable innogy to continue with the development of the project, while the company plans to submit an application for the planning consent in 2021.Dublin Array is being developed on the Kish and Bray Banks in the Irish Sea at a project site located 10km offshore. The project, owned by innogy and Saorgus Energy, has a potential capacity of at least 600MW.A stakeholder and community engagement program is planned for 2020.
NZ Herald 14 August 2018Family First Comment: We would call on the teachers’ union and the government to go back to the negotiating table in good faith rather than resort to disruptive strikes which benefit no-one. With teachers taking strike action tomorrow, parents are having to find alternative childcare options.Family First New Zealand said while they understand the concerns regarding teacher recruitment, retention and appropriate pay rates and workplace conditions, strikes like this can cause huge disruption for families, especially when parents are having to go to work.“We’d also encourage families to work with each other to ensure that children are suitably supervised at their own or their friends’ houses during the day on Wednesday.”A council spokesperson said that the Hastings Sports Centre would be running a one-day programme on Wednesday for primary school children who won’t be attending school because of the teachers’ strike.The format would be the same as the regular programme run during the school holidays for 5 to 13-year-old children, for the usual fee, with the usual subsidies in place for eligible families.READ MORE: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503462&objectid=12106316Keep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.
Share 23 Views no discussions Recipe source:BHG.com Share Tweet Food & DiningLifestyle California-Style Chicken Pizza. by: – June 23, 2011 Sharing is caring! This up-to-date pizza recipe, made with thawed frozen bread dough, is topped with dried tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, and grilled chicken breasts.An easy substitution would be the meat from a deli-roasted chicken. Try adding artichokes to vary up the recipe.This would be equally as good if you used Alfredo sauce instead of the tomato sauce.Ingredients:1 16-ounce loaf frozen bread dough, thawed1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel1 tablespoon lemon juice1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves1/4 cup finely snipped dried tomatoesParmesan Pizza Sauce (see Recipe Center)2 fresh medium tomatoes, thinly sliced1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces) Share Directions:On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer dough to a greased 13-inch pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.In a small mixing bowl stir together lemon peel, lemon juice, and margarine or butter.Rinse chicken breast halves; pat dry. Grill chicken directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling and brushing occasionally with lemon mixture the last 10 minutes of grilling. Cut chicken into cubes.Meanwhile, pour enough boiling water over dried tomatoes to cover; let stand for 2 minutes. Drain well.Spread Parmesan Pizza Sauce over hot crust. Top with chicken cubes, sliced fresh tomatoes, and dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Makes 6 servings.
The city government’s Public Safety and Transportation Management Office head JeckConlu said the old wharf of Bacolod City-bound fastcrafts on Muelley LoneyStreet was spacious and the transfer of the berthing area there won’t causetraffic congestion. Thetransfer of the berthing area would giveway to the dredging of the mouth of the Iloilo River. Thedredging will be undertaken by the Philippine Ports Authority for a maximum oftwo weeks./PN “Theticketing area would be at the nearby Iloilo Freedom Grandstand. People queuingfor boat tickets won’t be exposed to the scorching heat of the sun so much,”said Conlu. Itwas earlier announced that the berthing area would be transferred to a spot infront of the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand andBureau of Customs Building facing the Iloilo River. ILOILOCity – Starting today, the berthing area of motorboats plying theIloilo-Guimaras route is at the old wharf of Bacolod City-bound fastcrafts onMuelley Loney Street from the Parola wharf.
Photos by Dennis Brown and Bridget HayesLaurel, IN—Saturday afternoon, Franklin County Health Officer Doctor Darrell Brimhall secured an order to officially close Haspin Acres off-road vehicle park. Officials have spent several days researching legal precedent and current case law to ensure legal standards were met and followed in securing the order.During this time, Franklin County Commissioner Tom Linkel spoke with representatives of Haspin Acres by telephone. Friday morning, Commissioner Linkel spoke with the manager of Haspin Acres, asking their cooperation in placing voluntary restrictions to the park. However, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department received numerous complaints regarding traffic being backed up in the area of the park.According to The Observer, the fiasco started last when some of Franklin County’s volunteer first responders filed a complaint about Haspin Acres being open. The first responders are already coping with a hot spot of coronavirus in this county, which has 50 cases and 6 deaths in a small rural county of only 23,000 people. The first responders worried that they would be called to Haspin Acres, as has happened in the past, and they would not be available to serve county residents. First responders indicated that they could be cited for “neglect of duty,” if they failed to respond to a call from Haspin Acres.Last Monday, Franklin County officials issued a release stating per the Governor’s order, Haspin Park, a recreation area, was permitted to stay open like the State Parks. Friday night, April 3, Air Care was called to Haspin Acres, which has been confirmed by Franklin County E911 to transport a female that had rolled a jeep.The small town of Laurel, Indiana, which has one main road through town had a traffic jam this Saturday morning, April 4, 2020. Trucks coming from Ohio and pulling flatbed trailers with dune buggies and dirt bikes were lined up through Laurel to go to Haspin Acres. Sheriff deputies were dispatched to Laurel to clear the traffic jam and make room for emergency vehicles to reach Laurel, if needed.According to officials, there is no timeline when Haspin Acres will be allowed to reopen.Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputies spent several hours clearing traffic and educating visitors on the importance of following their respective state’s “Stay-at-Home” orders. No charges have been filed at this time. Should the park be found in violation of the Health Officer’s order, park officials could face a class B misdemeanor. Class B misdemeanors are punishable by up to 180 days in jail and up to $1,000 in fines if a person is convicted.